Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MWM#49------->"Pantry Thief"

Once again, I am blown away by my lovely friend Kristy Lee and her amazing sketches that she produces week after week after week!  This week is no exception.  I normally don't *love* 2 page layouts, but I knew I had to step out of my comfort zone, as Kristy would say, and just DO IT!

So here is the sketch:


And here is my two page, multi pic layout as promised:


Products used in my layout:
  • White cardstock
  • AC specialty cardstock
  • Fancy Pants "Dancing Girl" Papers, stickers, and rub-ons
  • AC Thickers in Delight and Lullaby
  • Basic Grey buttons
  • MME Lime Twist twine
  • black and brown pigment ink
  • AC Slickwriters in black
  • Rangers Stickles in purple
Dear Twine, where have you been all my life? I love it.  I plan on ordering more as soon as I can!  I can't believe I took so long to get some!  I am super happy with how it came out.  No, it doesn't have 11 pics, like the sketch, but I just don't have a photo printer to print out enough or the right size pics.  So I just improvised with what I have and made it look as similar as possible.  And I think I like it!  <3



I really love this paper collection so much, and I love these pinwheels!  So easy to make and so cute!  If you would like a tutorial on how to make them click here.  


Alright well that is all for now!  I am getting ready to settle down for the night after watching the Casey Anthony trial all morning, and watch the re-caps from what I missed this afternoon.  Ay yi yi.  I hope everyone has a lovely evening!  

Until next time! 

Ciao!!

1 comment:

Ilene said...

Wow, cool 2-pager! That's definitely unexplored territory for me, but you pulled it off beautifully. Love the colors and those super sweet pics!! How adorable :)

Also, I wanted to get back to you about my distressing methods - I usually just use scissors, but I do have a zutter distrezz it all that I sometimes use. I just posted a video in reponse to your question too about how I do my edges, and a comparison of the look you get by using scissors vs the distrezz it all. It's here, if you want to check it out: http://youtu.be/0xizOLTgKCo

Thanks again for your sweet comments on my blog!!